Elias Woodwork accepts orders either in metric to the nearest millimeter or in inches to the nearest 1/16” . Whenever you are ordering or speaking with a Customer Service Specialist, please refer to cabinet doors WIDTH by HEIGHT.
From a single vanity to a condominium project we will accept orders from one door to several thousands. Although our manufacturing system has been engineered to be able to produce 1 door almost as efficiently as 1000 there will still always be some economies of scale that may influence pricing on large orders. For this reason we may be able to work out lower prices for large projects when you need that extra edge to get the job. This project pricing is established on a job by job basis and is completely separate from your standard discount.
Tenon Door Construction
Elias Woodwork manufactures its wood tenon style cabinet doors without the use of any metal pins. All solid panels are installed with rubber spacers to allow for expansion or contraction in different environmental situations. All plywood panels are glued in on all four sides as plywood is structurally stable and this prevents any possible vibration problems in the future with the plywood panel.
How to Order
Tenon Door Code Explanation
E500 101 (57.2) O A 1 - - - L3 3 76.2 76.2 [- - -] -E500: Door Shape
101: Stile & Rail Profile
(57.2): Stile & Rail Width
O: Panel / Frame / Mullion Option
A: Outside Edge Profile
1: Number of Panels
-: Applied Molding Option
-: Decorative Pegs Option
-: Finger Pull Option
L3: Hinge Boring Option
3: Hole Edge Inset (mm)
76.2: Hole Center To Top Offset (mm)
76.2: Hole Center To Bottom Offset (mm)
[- - -]: Finishing Options (Finish Color / Glaze Color / Lacquer Type)
Center Rails on Tenon Doors
- Cabinet doors over 48” in height will have a horizontal center rail inserted
- Cabinet doors over 24” in width will have a vertical center stile inserted.
- Cabinet doors over 48” in width will have 2 vertical center stiles inserted.
- All center stiles and rails will be centered to create even sized panels. If you require a 5 piece drawer front with a solid panel over
- 24” in width but do not wish to have the center stile you may order the panel with horizontal grain.
Elias Woodwork warrants that it’s wood cabinet doors have a size tolerance of +/- 1mm.
Warping is always a factor with wood cabinet doors. Elias Woodwork warrants that any door or drawer front under 24”x48”will have an allowance of 1/8” for warpage. Doors or drawer fronts between the sizes of 24”x48” and 24”x72” will have an allowance of ¼” for warpage. Any doors or drawer fronts wider than 24” or higher than 72” will not be warranted for warpage.
Note: This applies to doors and drawer fronts with one vertical grain panel.
Tenon Door Thickness
All tenon doors are 0.8” (20mm) thick.
Quality Standards For Every Tenon Door
Every Door is:
- Assembled in an automated clamp to ensure squareness.
- sSuared again and edged to your desired profile on a CNC automated double ender.
- Thickness sanded with 100, 150 and 180 grit sand paper front and back.
- Machine orbital sanded front and back.
- Hand orbital sanded front for select and premium grades.
- Profile sanded on the raised panel and outside edges.
- Run through a denibber sander.
- Individually inspected for quality and ensure all cross grain scratches have been removed.
- Minimum Size Calculation
- For Solid Panel Tenon Doors & Drawer Fronts - (Stile / Rail Width x 2) + (Panel Profile Reveal x 2) + 1/2”. *See panel profile reveals.
- For Plywood Panel Tenon Doors & Drawer Fronts - (Stile / Rail Width x 2) + 1”